JOB: Creative engineer
We’re looking for a creative engineer to join our team
We design innovative electronic products with attention to functional and aesthetic elements. At Boldport Studio we design bespoke solutions for companies that seek to enhance the presentation and usability of their products. At the Boldport Club we design monthly exploratory electronic kits for over 400 members.
You’ll help us get things done and grow the business.
As part of this job you’ll
- take ownership of projects and interact directly with clients;
- design, test, prototype circuits;
- research for and engage with suppliers;
- use, maintain, and enhance our in-house PCB design tool PCBmodE
- have the opportunity to work in a creative environment where your ideas and work will reach a large community; and
- contribute to Boldport’s vision to change how people experience electronics
You, in no particular order
- should have done some circuit and circuit board design;
- should have an interest in the broad context of your work;
- should have a keen interest in making things that are visually pleasing;
- can get your way around Python and crave for more;
- relish owning the work and being accountable to the outcome;
- can do basic things with revision control;
- won’t balk at doing some manual work such as kit assembly and shipping stuff, and some admin work; and,
- should be able to ─ and be allowed to ─ work in our London office for at least three full months before remote work becomes a possibility.
We don’t particularly care about your background, education, or how many years of experience you have. Write us an email, show us your work, and tell us why you’re the right person for this job.
No agencies please.