- Replication of the GPIO port -- now you'll have two! (The intention is to use one of these)
- A separate header for easy interface to the comms pins (I2C, SPI, UART)
- Optional 0603 pad in series with every IO
- Optional protection diode for every IO
- Optional LDO voltage regulator in two different package options, powered off the 5V supplied by the Raspberry Pi
- Optional 4-way voltage level-translation (such as the TXS0104E or TXB0104)
Here's an image of the board; you can get the SVG from here.
Here's how the Gerbers look like in 'gerbv',
I'd like to send shimmy out for manufacturing within a week. If you have any improvements to suggest or bugs to report, email me or comment below. Also email me if you'd be interested in buying a 'shimmy', so I have a better idea on how many to manufacture. Finally, the first three people to tweet about shimmy with a link to this post will get one bare shimmy board for free!